Spring is finally peeking out from under the heavy blanket of cold and things are starting to thaw. The creek that runs through our property is starting to move. Last year we had a dramatic rise of water, but this year it is behaving itself and staying more or less within its banks.
It has been a little while since my last post. My husband and I, as well as our builder, carpenter, and now the roofer, have been scurrying around solving problems. When everything holds its place in sequence, any delay in a decision or solution can be very hard to swallow. So far, at this point, the issues have been solved. Until we find the next of course.
Hurdles we have leapt in the last few weeks have included: Resolving a couple of wrong window sizes that were placed in the print, moving window framing down to meet egress, sorting out how to meet egress on windows we couldn’t move down, replacing some missing custom flashing for the triangular windows, and a few more on the fly design decisions and hurried trips to the hardware/lumber store for last minute vents and such that had to go through the roof.
As it stands, we are so very close to having her (the house) protected against the every hastening winter weather…